Dr. Naveen Mehrotra
Dr. Naveen Mehrotra
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), M Ch (Neurosurgery),
SGPGI (Lucknow), Fellow Paediatric Neurosurgery (Canada),
AANS Fellowship, WSU (USA)
Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spine Surgeon
- Fellow in Paediatric Neurosurgery at Children’s Hospital, Ottawa, Canada (2008 – till date)
- Worked as Assistant Professor, Neurosurgery at Nizam’s institute of Medical Sciences Hyderabad (2004-08)
- Senior Resident, Neurosurgery, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow (2001- 03)
- Senior Resident, Neurosurgery, Lok Nayak Hospital, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi (2000)
- Registrar, Neurosurgery, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi (2000)
- Junior Resident, General Surgery, MLN Medical College Allahabad (1996-99)
Areas of Expertise:
- Expert in treating with brain tumor cases
- Supervises brain scan and MRI to patients suspected of Alzheimer’s and other neurological diseases.
- Performs delicate brain operations
- Coordinate with chief psychiatrists on behaviour modification for certain ailments before prescribing lobotomy
- Analyze and treat the disorder and syndrome of nervous system
- Perform diagnosis and routine test on patients suspected with disorders in the nervous system
- Revise results of biological, microscopic, bacteriological analyses of patients
- Oversee the drugs and medications
Papers Presented in Conferences:
- Ring enhancing lesions of brain. XXIII Annual Conference Of Association Of Surgeons Of India , Lucknow.(21-23 Nov.1997)
- Hart shill implant in dorso-lumbar spine.7th National Neurotrauma Conference, Indore.(21-23 Aug.1998)
- Giant Vestibular Schwannomas –15 Years Experience. Silver Jubilee Celebrations, Dr.A.Lakshmipathi Neurosurgical Centre Post Graduate Institute Of Neurological Surgery,VHS Hospital Madras. (21-22 Feb.2003).
- Delivered a lecture on “ Surgical anatomy of the Anterior Skull Base” at Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery Workshop, Hyderabad on 25th September, 2005.
- Clinical and prognostic study of thoracic myelopathy due to ossified yellow ligament in fluorotic and non-fluorotic patients. At 6th Asian Conference of Neurological Surgeons and WFNS Education Course held from 27th –29th January 2006, Mumbai ,India.
- Presented a paper on “ Far Lateral Approaches to Foramen Magnum” at 8th Annual conference Of Skull Base Surgery Soceity of India held from 13th –15th October 2006,Chandigarh,India
Swathi magazine publishes article by Dr. Naveen Mehrotra
- Published chapter titled “Shunts Systems” in the book “Operative Neurosurgery.
- Surgical approach to C1-C2 nerve sheath tumors
- Surgery Of Vestibular Schwannomas In India
- Management Strategies For Bilateral Vestibular Schwannomas
- Intracranial Aspergillosis in Immunologically Competent Patients
- Giant Vestibular Schwannomas: Focussing on the differences between the solid and cystic variants
- Traumatic Dural Arteriovenous Fistula and Review of Treatment Options
- Intracranial tumors of first year of life: The CHEO Experience