The 350-bed multi-specialty tertiary care facility with over 30 specialties, aims to provide quality care to all patients in a patient-friendly environment, with a focus on clinical excellence, patient safety and dignity, transparency, affordability, and accessible quality care. Since its establishment, KIMS-SUNSHINE has been delivering world-class treatments and facilities with compassion, teamwork, transparency, and a process-driven approach. The hospital has earned the prestigious NABH accreditation, which recognises its commitment to quality, safety, and continuous improvement in patient care. The institution brings together the best healthcare practices from around the world and engages top physicians from India and abroad to provide the best possible care for its patients.
KIMS-SUNSHINE Hospital is promoted by globally reputed Joint Replacement Surgeon, Dr. AV Gurava Reddy. Founded in May 2009, KIMS-SUNSHINE grew rapidly and ‘thus became one of the top Hospitals in Hyderabad.
KIMS-SUNSHINE has now become the second largest Joint Replacement Centre in South East Asia as patients from as far as Canada, USA, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Iran and the majority of the African countries are being treated here.
Founded by renowned joint replacement surgeon, Dr. AV Gurava Reddy, KIMS-SUNSHINE Hospital was established in May 2009 and rapidly became one of the top hospitals in Hyderabad. Today, it is recognised as the second largest joint replacement centre in Asia, attracting patients from countries such as Canada, the United States, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Iran, and many African nations.
KIMS-SUNSHINE Hospital has received several awards including the World’s Greatest Brands and Leaders Award in 2016-17, the Brand Leader Award for Dr. AV Gurava Reddy, the Most Patient-Friendly Hospital Award at Association of Healthcare Providers India Global Conclave in 2015, the FICCI Award for Excellence in Customer Services in 2014, and recognition as one of the top 7 orthopaedic hospitals in the country by THE WEEK MAGAZINE-NIELSEN SURVEY in 2014. In March 2017, KIMS-SUNSHINE Hospital became a member of the prestigious International Society of Orthopaedic Centres, which consists of 21 of the world’s top orthopaedic centres from 17 countries across 6 continents, including Mayo Clinic, Hospital for Special Surgery, and Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital. KIMS-SUNSHINE is only the 2nd hospital from Asia to be a full member of this elite society. With its successful journey, KIMS-SUNSHINE has become a major landmark in Hyderabad and is poised to become a global healthcare destination.
KIMS-SUNSHINE Hospital received World’s Greatest Brands and Leaders Award in 2016-17, and Brand Leader Award for Dr AV Gurava Reddy; the Most Patient-Friendly Hospital Award at Association of Healthcare Providers India (AHPI) Global Conclave, 2015; FICCI Award for Excellence in Customer Services, 2014; and the Top 7 ORTHOPAEDIC Hospitals in the Country (THE WEEK MAGAZINE-NIELSEN SURVEY, 2014).
KIMS-SUNSHINE Hospital became a member of the prestigious ‘International Society of Orthopaedic Centres (ISOC)’ in March 2017. This society consists of 21 of the most well-renowned orthopaedic centres from all around the world – from 17 countries across 6 continents. Mayo Clinic (USA), Campbell Clinic (USA), Hospital for Special Surgery (USA), and Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (UK) among others, are part of this elite group. KIMS-SUNSHINE Hospital is only the 2nd hospital from Asia, to have full membership in this elite society.
To offer qualitative and comprehensive services in a patient-friendly environment with a focus on clinical excellence, safety, dignity and transparency, while staying affordable and accessible to every patient in need.
To create a world-class medical facility, wherein patients are treated with compassion.
KIMS-SUNSHINE Hospital Managing Director
Dr. A.V. Gurava Reddy is the Managing Director of KIMS-SUNSHINE Hospital and also serves as the Chief Joint Replacement Surgeon. He is highly respected in the field of orthopaedics for his visionary leadership and compassionate approach to healthcare. With a yearly volume of over 4,000 joint replacements (including hips, knees, and shoulders, both primary and revision), he is considered one of the top joint replacement surgeons in South Asia. Dr. Reddy is supported by a skilled team of more than 100 doctors and paramedical staff.
Dr. AVGR has over ten years of international experience, having worked in the UK. He is a sought-after visiting consultant, frequently traveling to the Middle East, Europe, and the USA to perform joint replacement surgeries. His expertise in joint replacement surgery has earned him a strong reputation, and he is highly regarded as a medical expert in these regions.
Dr. Reddy has been an active faculty member at the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh, UK and has participated in various national and international conferences. He is also a founder member of the Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons. Dr. Reddy’s outstanding services in the field of orthopaedics have been recognized by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Shri. K. Rosaiah, who felicitated him in 2010.
KIMS SUNSHINE Hospital has the following facilities:
- Sophisticated Operation Theatres
- World-class ICUs
- Infection Control and Safety Systems
- Emergency Department with a Rapid Action Team –24/7 Emergency Care
- Latest Monitoring Systems
- 24/7 Pharmacy
- Blood Bank – Sophisticated technology employed in the blood bank helps in collecting, storing and dispensing blood and screening blood for infectious agents.
- Advanced Diagnostic Laboratory with integrated lab and diagnostic services
- Well-equipped Radiology Department
- Robust Electronic Medical Record system
- 30 + specialties
- Integrated patient care and services to ease appointment, consultation, diagnosis and treatment process
- Canteen for patients and visitors
- Sophisticated Ultrasound machine
- Digital Cath Labs
- Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT). Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
- Advanced Diagnostic laboratory with high-end visualization systems
- Endoscopy and Colonoscopy Suit
- Diagnostic EUS
- Capsule Endoscopy
- High-Resolution Oesophageal Manometry
- Advanced Neurophysiology lab performing EEG, NCS, Needle EMG, VEPS, BAER & SSEP
- Medtronic NIM Eclipse Intraoperative Neuromonitoring System
- MRI 3 Tesla
- 128 Slice CT Scan
- MR Angiogram and Venogram
- Colour Doppler – neck arterial doppler study
- Advanced Laparoscopy Equipment
- Advanced Pulmonary Function Lab
- Minimal Access Spinal Technologies (MAST)
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP)
- Thulium laser enucleation of the prostate (ThuLEP)
- CT – Computed Tomography
- Interventional Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Digital X-ray
- Mechanical lithotripsy
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL)
- KIMS SUNSHINE Bone & Joint Institute
- KIMS SUNSHINE Institute for Gastroenterology, Liver Diseases & Laparoscopic Surgery
- KIMS SUNSHINE Spine Centre
- KIMS SUNSHINE Centre for Neurosciences
- KIMS SUNSHINE Centre for Renal Sciences
- KIMS SUNSHINE Centre for Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases & Lifestyle Disorders
- Centre for Respiratory Diseases
- KIMS SUNSHINE Centre for Microvascular & Reconstructive Surgery
- Woman and Child Care Centre
- KIMS SUNSHINE Centre for Critical Care
- Centre for Bariatric Surgery
- KIMS SUNSHINE Centre for Cardiac Sciences